We offer a six month guarantee after purchase. If the piece is damaged due to the wearer, our guarantee may not be applicable. We will need to assess the jewellery first to let you know. After six months we offer an MOT service that’s chargeable depending on the repair needed.
Many factors can influence the condition of your jewellery. Always protect your jewellery from knocks, scratches, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold to minimise damaging effects. To help maintain your jewellery’s original condition and keep it looking at its best we recommend you follow these guidelines of care.
- Avoid extreme humidity or heat as this may cause tarnishing
- Avoid wearing your jewellery in sea water, pool, washing up or shower as this may cause tarnishing
- Avoid spraying perfume or rubbing creams directly onto your jewellery as this may cause tarnishing. Apply any creams, lotions, perfumes before your jewellery and allow to dry first
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach or using house cleaning products as this may cause tarnishing
- Wearing your jewellery while playing sports and any other rough activity as this may cause scratches, breakages, chipping of gems and bending precious metal
Gold plating will wear naturally over time, if you'd like to have your jewellery re-plated we offer this service. Cost varies on each piece, please enquire.
To protect your jewellery, individually wrap each piece and keep it in a pouch or original Rosie Odette box to avoid the jewellery being scratched, tangled or rubbing against each other. Ideally store your jewellery in a dark, cool and dry place.
Using a soft, lint-free cloth is an effective way to keep silver and gold jewellery looking shiny and lustrous. A silver cleaner can also be used to clean sterling silver pieces. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
If you are polishing a gold plated piece, be careful not to rub too hard as this may affect the gold plating on the jewellery.
Since many gemstones are quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times. We advise cleaning your precious stones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing. Very porous stones such as turquoise and emeralds should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
Please be aware that any rough activities and accidental knocks on your gemstone can cause your stone to chip or crack.